Heartbleed Bug - Important Information
CommunityAmerica is aware of the Heartbleed Bug and we are confident our members and their data are safe from this security threat, both now and in the long-term. Through extensive testing, we've confirmed our website and online banking are not vulnerable to the bug. As always, we will continue to test our networks to ensure our systems and data remain safe and secure.
Target Security Breach - Important Information
Major retailer Target was in the news for a nationwide data breach involving more than 40 million accounts affecting debit and credit cards used in Target stores between Nov. 27 and Dec. 15, 2013 (Target.com was not affected). CommunityAmerica Credit Union stands ready to support members in the event of any suspicious account activity. While we are still assessing any possible impact on members and have not confirmed any to date, here are a few things you can do now to protect your account:
- Monitor Account: Closely monitor your account statements and check your credit reports during the next 12 to 24 months to help spot problems and address them quickly.
- Report Immediately: If you do identify anything suspicious, report it to us at 800.892.7957 so we can take action.
- Set up Online Banking with Mobile Alerts: This service is free to members and will notify you of account transactions in real-time, making you aware of activity on your account as soon as possible if you sign up to receive alerts. For more information, visit www.cacu.com/online-banking.
- Approach Emails with Caution: Beware of any emails requesting personal or account information, even if claiming to be a precaution related to this breach. CommunityAmerica Credit Union will never ask you for any information such as a social security number or PIN through email.
- Zero Liability Policy: CommunityAmerica partners with Visa as our merchant card provider for debit and credit cards. Visa has a zero liability policy on fraudulent transactions to protect cardholders. For more information on Visa’s policy, visit their FAQ at http://usa.visa.com/personal/security/visa_security_program/zero_liability.html†.
- Obtain Credit Reports: You should periodically obtain credit reports from each nationwide credit reporting agency and have any information you discover relating to fraudulent transactions deleted. You can receive a free credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com† or by calling 1-877-322-8228.
- Review FTC guidance: If you are concerned or discover that your information has been misused, please review the guidance provided on the FTC’s website (www.ftc.gov/idtheft†) and file a complaint with the FTC through their website or via telephone at: 1-877-438-4338.
- Activate a fraud alert: Due to the fact that this compromise did not include any other personal information about you, a fraud alert may not be necessary. However, you may consider activating a fraud alert on your credit bureau files, which helps to deter new accounts from being opened in your name. To do this, contact one of the following three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies:
Rest assured that we have measures in place to help us detect potentially fraudulent charges, and we are aggressively monitoring this situation to protect you and your accounts. Should you suspect any issues or have concerns, don’t hesitate to call us at 800.892.7957.
Fraud/Loss Prevention Contacts
If you have received a phishing e-mail that looks as if it has been sent by CommunityAmerica, please forward the email to email@example.com and contact the Fraud Prevention department at 800.892.7957, ext. 6677.
|Fraud Prevention||800.892.7957 ext. 6677|
|Lost or Stolen Credit Cards|
|After Hours / Weekend||800.991.4965|
Traveling outside the United States?
Thank you for choosing your CommunityAmerica cards when traveling. For your protection, we have made changes to our policies regarding CheckLink (debit), ATM and credit card transactions made outside of the United States. If you are traveling outside the United States and plan to use your CommunityAmerica debit, ATM and credit cards, please contact us at 800.892.7957 for details.